This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Weight recommendation for HBP/PE2 >iM

Started by Giulio Pizzini, October 11, 2016 · 4 Replies · 205 Views

Giulio Pizzini

Hi, what would be a weight recommendation for HBP/PE2 >iM?

Everett Carroll

Hi Giulio,

Beginning with a 1 or 2 pound weight is a great way to begin perfecting the form. Over time, increase to 5-10lbs for mastery. Take your time increasing the weight since form takes precedence, as always. 

Leonhard Krahé

From personal experience, I really recommend to put the ego aside with these and go much lighter than you think you could or should. I was doing these with too much weight for quite a bit and they never felt "good" or productive.

On a side note, I credit Xiaopengs both forward and backward done in every warmup and sometimes after my workouts with noticeably improving my shoulder impingement on both sides. It really feels like these target my specific problem areas.

Leo Trinidad

this is part of my daily warmup and I do a lot of it without weight. :)

Giulio Pizzini

Sounds good, will start with 1lb then.