This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

So when are we done with Fundamentals?

Started by David Tapson, October 11, 2016 · 4 Replies · 187 Views

David Tapson

A real noob question here...

Am into week three with Fundamentals and really enjoying it.

But here's the question - how do you know when you're done with Fundamentals?  When you can do most of the exercises 75% right? 90% right..?

I don't have much problem with hip/ankle stuff (so far, that is), but core/shoulder/upper body flexibility / strength is definitely a problem.

Regards

Dave

Everett Carroll

Hi David,

After you have completed all four weeks of Fundamentals, you are ready to move on to courses like Foundation One, Handstand, and Stretch. Fundamentals is meant as an introduction to those courses so once it's complete, you are best off moving to those courses. Those courses will continue to work on areas you may have found troublesome or tight. 

David Tapson

Hi Everett (and anyone else)

If I can afford to buy one more course over Foundations, what would be a good one?  I'd like to start Handstands but wonder if I'd be hampered by flexibility etc?

I've seen a comment somewhere (probably in more than one place) to the effect "Coach Sommer suggest that one start with Foundation One and then after a few weeks start....x.  I can't remember what x is, and can't find the comment...

Tanya Hill

Hi David, 

The handstand one course is a great course to go with. I recommend this course because it works plenty of shoulder mobility and you will also make flexibility gains. :) 

David Tapson
21 minutes ago, Tanya Hill said:

Hi David, 

The handstand one course is a great course to go with. I recommend this course because it works plenty of shoulder mobility and you will also make flexibility gains. :) 

I was hoping that's what you'd say... :)