This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS SE1

Started by Marcus Patterson, October 11, 2016 · 4 Replies · 151 Views

Marcus Patterson

Hi all

 

just started on this particular progression today and found it extremely difficult. I cannot even keep balance to go down into the squat and am having to use supports. Alos getting a pain in my right knee when squatting on the right leg. 

 

Any advice for this one?

 

thanks!

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Marcus,

If you need to hold something to stabilize yourself at first, it is okay. Just remember that in order to complete mastery you will need to do this free-standing. Also, only go as low as you can without pain in your knees. This is a new exercise, your body will need some time to adjust.

Joshua Slocum

Holding on to stall bars or a rope is a good way to stabilize yourself initially. For mastery, you'll have to develop the balance to do it freestanding. 

Randall Osborne
On 10/11/2016 at 3:59 AM, Marcus Patterson said:

Hi all

 

just started on this particular progression today and found it extremely difficult. I cannot even keep balance to go down into the squat and am having to use supports. Alos getting a pain in my right knee when squatting on the right leg. 

 

Any advice for this one?

 

thanks!

I have been working on these for a while.  Yesterday, I  spent about 2-hours doing soft tissue work and stretching everything from my feet to my hips before doing these.  It made a huge difference.  I don't typically have 2-hours to spare.  I think the work soft tissue work around glutes/tfl made the biggest difference for me.

Marcus Patterson
On 11/21/2016 at 8:49 PM, Randall Osborne said:

I have been working on these for a while.  Yesterday, I  spent about 2-hours doing soft tissue work and stretching everything from my feet to my hips before doing these.  It made a huge difference.  I don't typically have 2-hours to spare.  I think the work soft tissue work around glutes/tfl made the biggest difference for me.

Yep, I am still having major issues getting down and balancing although a couple of swivel hips beforehand seems to help.