This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

New SLS IM Question

Started by Jeremy Aldridge, October 10, 2016 · 6 Replies · 191 Views

Jeremy Aldridge

Is there a certain height that the leg must be brought up to on PE1 and PE2 IM's to move on, or does it just need to be controlled? I watched the mobility tip video and I didn't hear anything about a certain height. Just want to make sure I have proper mobility before moving on since the PE's are so easy for me. Thanks

Kai Ewert

Why not post a form check?

 

Jeremy Aldridge

I normally would but I have already done it for the day and clicked easy but wanted to make sure of the standards

 

Alessandro Mainente

On IM 1 you should lift until 45-60° at least without compensation. On IM the best goal should be 90° hip angle.

Jonathan Effa

Is it best to continue repeating SLS PE1/2 until achieving 90 degrees without compensation until that ROM is achieved? It's definitely a hip mobility question for me. I hit a pretty hard sticking point, particularly on my left hip. I can do many more than the prescribed 3r o each side, but only up to my end range. Also, I can do 5x15 squats for a long time but understand the role of the iMs.

Everett Carroll

Hey Jonathan,

I recommend staying on PE2 until you achieve 90 degrees without compensation for all 5 sets. No sense in moving on to a harder mobility yet if this one needs more work. It will pay off in the end. 

Jonathan Effa

Thanks Everett. Will do. 

Cheers