This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Breakfast construction for morning exercise

Started by Mark Allen, October 10, 2016 · 4 Replies · 206 Views

Mark Allen

Hi All, 

I'm hoping for some advice on breakfast construction. From time to time I do exercise or strenuous physical work in the morning. Today I've been digging up a brick wall's foundations using a big jack hammer and at around 11:00am after 3 hours of using it I was totally drained, It felt similar to Hunger Knock I've had when cycling and your glycogen stores become severely depleted. Prior to starting thrive I would have had a breakfast with loads of carbs porridge for example. 

On days when I'm doing activities like these is it acceptable to add starch/carbs for breakfast to give you the energy you need for stuff like this? 

Thanks, 

Mark 

Matic Balantic

Yes, you can add them if you feel that you need them, don't worry :)

Jeff Serven

What came first? The chicken or the egg?

Do you need carbs for fuel because you are an inefficient fat burner and are unable to burn fat as a fuel source or do you need carbs because they are the only source of energy on the planet? 

 

Mark Allen

Are you saying that I should be able to do heavy physical activity like that and be able to burn enough fat to provide energy for it? If so, what can I do to help improve my fat burning capacity?

Jeff Serven

Follow the program