This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundation 1 schedule and stretches

Started by Malcolm Watters, October 9, 2016 · 2 Replies · 168 Views

Malcolm Watters

Hello everyone, so I am a 44 year old man.  I'm in decent shape and fairly flexible.  I finished the fundamentals course with only 1 or 2 areas to work on.  I started the foundation 1 course a couple weeks ago.  I usually do the core, upper and lower body all on the same day.  I think I read that the workouts change every Monday if you've checked the smiley face.  My question is, if I do the new workouts on Monday and complet all 3, should I just continue use to do the everyday or m,w,f? What would be ideal?  Also it seems that adding the stretch class would be extremely beneficial to my week.  So is the suggested workout like 3 foundation days and 1-2 stretch days?  I like the flexibility of the courses but I guess I am asking for a suggested routine.  

 

Thaks 

tripp

Everett Carroll

Hi Malcom,

The thing about training frequency and volume is that more or less of those variables does not always equal greater strength gains or quicker improvement. This is because recovery is dependant on the individual; from the untrained to the elite trainee, recovery needs vary tremendously.

To find the most effective frequency of these workouts for you, I suggest starting with performing each workout once per week. Do this for at least one month at each level of volume before adding another Foundation workout into your weekly schedule (keep the stretch courses at once per week). Continue to methodically add workouts in or take workouts out of your schedule until you find the frequency of each that works best for you. There really is not a simple answer to this. It takes self experimentation to find the sweet spot. 

Malcolm Watters

@Everett Carroll thanks, I'm sure as the progressions come, I won't be so eager to do everything at one time.  I haven't added the stretches yet but I did add the handstand class to go with foundation 1.  Thanks for your time, I'm excited for the improved mobility