This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Scheduling with other athletic endeavours

Started by Ryan Lewis, October 8, 2016 · 5 Replies · 151 Views

Ryan Lewis

Hi GB Team,

I am throwing an idea out there to the forum coaches to see if a big red flag comes up (I haven't seen this floated anywhere else on the forum). But firstly, bravo on the recent changes. I think they are fantastic! 

So I currently undertake other athletic endeavours namely BJJ and soccer (when in-season). With the freedom of the new interface, is there any objection or big no-no to doing a maximum of only one or two Upper or Lower Foundation movements a day pre other training? Each Foundation movement and Handstand course is still hit once a week but just spread out a bit more. For example:

Monday might be HBP progression only and BJJ

Tuesday SLS progression only and soccer (when in season).

i would still keep the 'Core' and H1 movements done in one session on my days off other sports 

I understand progress may be slower but it WILL be hit weekly and consistent.

Love some input from you all and happy to field any more questions. 

Cheers

Everett Carroll

Hi Ryan,

It would be best to complete an entire workout in sequence but you're getting everything done each week so it's not a big issue.

Ryan Lewis

Thanks for the prompt response @Everett Carroll

Suzanna McGee

How about if you hit the entire Foundation (F7) on the day off your sports? :) 

Jon Douglas

I've made both options work with BJJ and other pursuits before :)

Lucas Laybourn

What has worked best for me is to workout first thing in the morning it was a hard habit to create but I get it done and foundation stretch and handstand no longer compete with the rest of life. I always brushed it off when others suggested this because I'm not a morning person but it really has worked well for me.