This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Set Up For Arch-Ups At Home

Started by Ron Roitman, October 8, 2016 · 4 Replies · 288 Views

Ron Roitman

The gym I was training in got closed. I'm moving to a new one only next month :(
In the meantime, I'll be training at home and this is the best set up I could find for arch ups.

The height is okay for both feet and hips, but I'm holding myself by hanging on the toes, which could be a problem in the last sets haha..( I might need to put chalk on the toes...)
I tried to place my feet underneath the table, but it hurts a lot and probably not possible.

I placed my feet under the table using the lower brownish-chair and it's perfect. But, my head ends up being too close to the floor and it decreases the ROM quite a bit.

So what set up would be best to use?

Thanks :)

Suzanna McGee

This is so cool, Ron, quite creative :) you could also use yoga stretching straps (or any straps) and fasten them under that heavy table and hook them around your heel/achilles. That could hold you safe, maybe it on its own, or in addition to your big toes, for those moments when the toes get tired… You get a side benefit—super strong big toes :) that will be very useful in sprinting, if you even need to sprint :)

Everett Carroll

That setup looks just fine Ron. Don't worry too much about that tiny bit of range at the bottom since this setup is only temporary anyway.

William Marler

Very clever Ron. You could pad the underside of the table, like with a pool noodle (cut in half lengthwise). That should keep the edge from cutting into your Achilles. You could wear shoes to further pad your Achilles. You could wear shoes and brace using the flat of your foot against the underside of the table -- that is approximately my setup and I brace against stall bars. 

Greg White

if you have rings that come with an adjustable cam buckle strap loop that under and over the table instead. Put your feet through the loop so its over your ankles. Then hang off the table.if you dont want to mark the table just stick a couple of folder towels where the strap rubs the table.