This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Keep in touch

Started by Jeff Serven, October 8, 2016 · 10 Replies · 219 Views

Jeff Serven

Guys,

Julien mentioned a place for "graduates" to chat. I would love that. I will be far more in-depth with my response here than I would anywhere else also, I think we have a bunch of really smart people in here that may be able to give some really good info, experiences and what not. 

Richard Sassoon

Hei Jeff,

I haven't posted in a long while now.. it's also been several months since I completed thrive, and I still follow it, even though the task checking had ups and downs. The topic just made me aware to share my experiences, even though they are not that great to be honest. It seems I just don't move forward with my overall training, and fat loss. Both are practically stalled.. I've been on the same weight/waist for 5 months, and my performance during training maybe has improved 0.01%.. so it seems I eat too much to lose fat, and too less to recover and improve... I tried eating a bit less, a bit more.. and still no visible progress. This is somehow different from what most people say, which show a lot of success, and things moving ahead, and so I do get a bit frustrated... I can just keep doing what I'm doing but it seems fruitless at the moment.

I wonder if anyone else feel the same or has gone through the same and got past it somehow, and what other strategies could I implement to try changing things..

On a positive note I have to say that I do feel good in general with the thrive way of living, easy/heatlhy/filling :)

Cheers!

PS: I will make a better effort to participate more in the forums in general, not just to ask questions haha

Jeff Serven

Richard,

Sometimes you have to do more to get more. Other times it just takes more time. Your nutrition should be good enough to get you where you want to go. I assume you are doing GST. Can you crank up volume and intensity?

Richard Sassoon

Hei Jeff, thanks for the input. I have been doing F7 2 days a week, plus 2 days for handstand, for some time now, and after the initial period of adptation to more volume in one session, I stalled. After the courses changed now I decided to restart most of the progressions to see if it helps, but still I'm, staying on the same steps week after week, now on earlier progressions. I'm trying to match the tempo from the follow along videos, which should increase intensity. For volume I'm adding some complementary work on other days. I enjoy the training, I know it might take time, but still it's always good to hear out some other ways to change things for the better. Anyway, maybe this is too off-topic for this forum, feel free to say so.

Jeff Serven

more cow bell

Jon Douglas

I don't have any thought provoking questions, just still loving Thrive and in my reading and learning phase. Simple, easy, no hunger, mood smoothed way out, cravings minimised. The addition of the zinc and magnesium last thing at night a week or so ago has given me amazingly sleep since then; I ve been up at 5 training due to a frantic workload and although I do enjoy my coffee, I don't think I've felt at all tired lately.

Noticed that as I've reduced to near 0 the milk i drink (it doesn't sit well with me) I seem to have become even more sensitive to it over the last couple months. I used to drink cappucino; it's now black with a dash at the most, as more milk gets a little uncomfortable.

Happy to learn physical training from Coach; happy to learn BJJ from the Machado boys; kung fu from Wan Kam Leung; nutrition from Jeff. I believe in finding the best at what they do and then listening hard

Richard Sassoon
On 14.10.2016 at 5:45 PM, Jeff Serven said:

more cow bell

If I get it right, I should just increase my efforts somehow. Sure, let's try.

Jeff Serven

precisely 

Florian Nagel

Hey.

Sorry for keeping myself in the background.

Recently i needed to restrength my thrive habits again and i thought about a new form of motivation or help to maintain it. First i made myself a plan for ideal example meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Then i took all this stuff i would need for a day. I placed everything in fine order on fabric on my floor, separated meal by meal. For example, a few eggs and/or greek yogurt (breakfast) -- sweet potatoes, salad and salmon (lunch) -- jasmine rice, broccoli and smoked salmon (dinner). Three parts. + some DHA and Mag capsule etc. Then i took a picture. Now, everyday i can look at this picture and see: This is what i need to have at hand. This is what i need to get.

For sure, i should make other variations too. But the idea is, to have a very clear overview on your own nutrition aims, everyday. Its like a workout. You look at the picture like a programme and see: This is what i need to do at breakfast, this is what i need to prepare for lunch etc. And an additional feature: Whenever someone asks you what your diet is, you can simply show him this picture and he knows everything he wanted to know.

Jeff Serven

Florian,

Thats great, keep the ideas coming! This will definitely help someone in the future that is in the same boat. And don't be one of those closet weirdos. Im gonna monitor your forum activity, you better not come on here and lurk. Be an active member! If you have nothing else post a joke (could even be about me). 

Next time you find motivation waning think of this: What if your entire family was in a Syrian prison controlled by ISIS and they said the only way to get them back was to eat 100% thrive until the release of the second course. How hard would it be then? Pretty easy right?

Ryan Bailey

- I like it Florian.

- Jeff you mentioned Thrive 2 twice in one day. I am thinking some families may be released from prison soon...