This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Progressing in new system

Started by Andy Petranek, October 7, 2016 · 3 Replies · 307 Views

Andy Petranek

In using the new website/system for the past few weeks, I've come to like most of it, though it has definitely taken getting used to.

One thing I really miss... when I advance forward into a new movement, the system automatically puts me at step 1 and makes no reference to what will be required to meet the requirements of step 9. Two problems with this:

1. On some new movements I already have at least some of the strength, ability and skill to do achieve mastery (or place myself well above step 1)... so automatically putting me at step 1 makes no sense.

2. On others, where I don't yet have mastery, it was always great to know, immediately, right inside of the scheduler, what would be expected of me to achieve mastery (how many reps)... so that I had some context in my training.

I realize that the information is available in other parts of the site... but it requires quite a bit of digging and clicking to get to it. I'd like to request that one (or both) of these features of the old system be re-introduced to the new system.

Coach Sommer

Hi Andy,

Good point, however for new students providing programming that they have not yet encountered in their training was needlessly confusing them.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Andy Petranek

Thanks, Coach. So does that mean that my only option is to go into the settings and adjust the levels according to what is appropriate for me every time I advance to a new movement level?

Coach Sommer

Hi Andy,

Everytime you reach a new step in your programming, that new step as well as all of the previous steps will be available for you to choose from if you prefer to adjust your workouts from the settings page rather than using the smiley face evaluation system.

If you have not yet reached a particular step in your training, it will not be available for you to choose from.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer