This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Suggestion

Started by Jerry Howard, October 7, 2016 · 1 Replies · 106 Views

Jerry Howard

Coach and Team,

I wanted to offer a little input and hopefully this will make the GB Fundamental Series better. 

I do like the exercises. I enjoy the video Common issues a little better than the Daily Workout videos. 

I would really like to help putting workouts together daily. Doing just that days exercise gets very boring. Sorry. I am not even able to create a sweat. I have had to put my own workouts together with these exercises and even with Just what we have had so far has not been very challenging at all. I understand that you have a wide variety audience and skill level 

Walking Ape, Frog, Crab, Lizard does not get my heart rate up. These are good warmup exercises. The other exercises have been ok. a little core, a little shoulder mobility. 

What would be helpful is to organize these and add to each day. 

Maybe each day...

 Practice new exercise, then incorporate into workout

 few warmups

 Frog, Crab, Bear

strength (shoulders like Protract/retract) - but maybe add a few more things here like hanging pullups, or a few more strength exercises

Core - hollow/.arch and put beginners 15 sec-30 sec, if thats easy bump it up to 45-60 second, ...etc

Stretch/Cool down - similar to warmup...

 

So having a daily workout in my opinion would really help significantly. 

 

I would like to see more leg exercises from strength side - just a suggestion. 

 

thanks

 

Coach Sommer

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for your input.  You are correct that Fundamentals is not making you sweat.  However it is not designed to.  

The primary purpose of Fundamentals is to indentify and begin correcting mobility deficits which have previously gone undetected.  

The secondary purpose of Fundamentals is to teach basic GST nomenclature and basic body positions.

The third purpose of Fundaments is to finish with a basic daily limber which can then be implemented when progressing onward to Foundation One.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer