Are these possible? On either rings or PB...
L-sit Dips?
Started by Rampage, January 4, 2010 · 9 Replies · 7,086 Views
possible on PB, dunno about rings as I've never tried and they are probably beyond me currently.
Rampage said:Are these possible? On either rings or PB...
Yes, they can be done on both.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
A very hard and underapreciated exercise, if I may add. Few can do it perfectly.
Ido.
Now that there's a post about it anyways, what is the correct way to do l-sit dips?
1: lean backwards to keep the legs parallel
2: Go in a normal dip but compress your legs more in the pike position to keep legs parallel
I'm guessing 1 since it would seem more challenging triceps wise.. guess both could be used?
I think if we do # 1, the arms will flare out to the sides.
I searched youtube for videos of these and I couldn't find a single one, since it would be good to see how they are actually done.
I tried doing one today, but it came out very ugly, so it would be interesting to see a video of one...
hmm, we'll see tomorrow.
Rampage said:I searched youtube for videos of these and I couldn't find a single one, since it would be good to see how they are actually done.
You already have a related video on the GB Companion DVDs as L-sit Dips (although easier) are quite similar to Russian L Dips (BtGB, pg 70). The primary difference is that Russian L Dips continue the descent all the way to an upper arm support.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
It's too bad this isn't really much of an option on the ground since you could only bend the elbows slightly before your bottom hits the floor. That's one advantage to elevated paralettes or rings.