This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

The Same exacty workouts?

Started by Ray Deese, October 6, 2016 · 7 Replies · 262 Views

Ray Deese

I am on my second week of Foundation 1.  I am working out five days a week and diligently following along with the program.  I come for a P90X, Body Beast, Insanity background so I am in really good shape.

My issue is that I am getting bored doing the exact same workouts day after day after day.  Please tell me that pretty soon variety kicks in and I move on to doing something else?! 

Anyone else running into this boredom issue?    Thoughts -  Thanks..

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Ray, probably if you are struggling with the current work probably you previous programming has low carryover on the GST. what are you doing now?

Christopher Haddock

I come from a CrossFit background so I understand the allure of constantly varied workouts.  IMHO the goals and methods of the F1 workouts are different from something like P90x.  If you ever want to be able to "master" the complex physical skills or develop the level of mobility/flexibility you see with GB folks you'll never do that with programs like P90x. Those programs are good for developing GPP and both types of programs (P90x and GB) will help with physique.  The progressions with GB may seem slow but they are necessary to provide the foundation required to accomplish the goals of the program (e.g., one-legged squat, legless rope climb, etc.) and if you stick with it you will see progress you won't see otherwise.  I find the challenge of attaining a high level of physical function and skills like a press handstand well worth the patience it takes to work though a large number of progressions.

Mark Collins

Unfortunatley most exercise is repetitive and can be boring for some. There is not one olympic gold medalist that did not perform repetitive and boring workouts. You will need to reframe how you think about exercise when doing gymnastics as it can take a long time to perfect and master some exercise. I have taken 18 months to master some exercises. That is 150 sessions on the same exercise. However the process of acheiving mastery of that exercise was amazing. It developed my patience, persistance and discipline. I now love it when I have to struggle and take time mastering an exercise as it develops my character as much as my body. This character development then transfers it my whole life.

I come from Crossfit background which has variety every session. That can be frustrating as well as you do not get spend time mastering one thing.

 

Ray Deese
50 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Ray, probably if you arIe struggling with the current work probably you previous programming has low carryover on the GST. what are you doing now?

I am not struggling at all with the Foundation 1 workouts, just the opposite.  I am on day 4 of week two of Foundation 1. I am doing the workouts 5 days a week.  I mark each workout with a simile face and do the workout exactly as shown.   I've been throwing a few other works outs here and there in order to get a better burn.  Yesterday I did Ab Ripper X from P90X, it is a great AB/Core workout.   In additions I do Jiu Jitsu on Tuesday and Thursday.   I understand that I need to be more patient and just keep on going like I am 5 days a week with Foundation 1, it just seems too easy for me right now, and doing the exact same workouts day after day had me concerned, but from what you guys are saying it's just part of the course work.   I get it and will persevere and hang tough..

Thanks!

Kai Ewert

If you feel your workouts are way too easy, you may also want to manually adjust the settings and test mastery, best while following the follow-along videos so you get the pacing right and submitting a form check. That should get you to workouts that are challenging rather than boring very quickly.

Alessandro Mainente

Exactly what Kai suggested, go to the setting function to the right and set manually the week where you prefer to start. if you feel strong begin from week 9 on the element you feel you are strong.Then post a mastery for PE and IM.

Ray Deese
19 hours ago, Kai Ewert said:

If you feel your workouts are way too easy, you may also want to manually adjust the settings and test mastery, best while following the follow-along Thaksvideos so you get the pacing right and submitting a form check. That should get you to workouts that are challenging rather than boring very quickly.

Thanks!  I will do exactly that...   Awesome.  I am just getting ready to do my workout and will explore that option.