This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Beginner challenges with Thoracic Bridge

Started by Clay Blanchard, October 6, 2016 · 2 Replies · 173 Views

Clay Blanchard

I am a GST newcomer - early 40s with athletic background but my mobility/flexibility is awful.

I'm having some real challenges with the Thoracic Bridge sessions.  In particular, I'm not even able to get up into elevated bridge at all.  Most of the bridge elements at the end of the first few videos I'm not able to do.  Wondering if there are some variations for somebody like myself so that I'm able to progress.

Thanks,

Clay

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Clay, I can say that usually people with low elbow extension strength cannot press into the bridge but it is more a strenght problem if the feet are enough elevated so that the final pose can be scaled.

PLease read my suggestion in this post on how to make the press up into the pose easier.

Christopher Haddock

My flexibility was so bad that for a while I just did the first 30 minutes of the Bridge Stretch program (everything before the elevated bridge).  After a while I attained enough mobility to where I could do the whole program.