This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE8 Wall Run

Started by Suzanna McGee, October 6, 2016 · 4 Replies · 85 Views

Suzanna McGee

I can't believe that just 6 weeks ago, I struggled just to walk myself up onto the wall. I was also so far away from the wall and couldn't get closer. Now I am attempting the Wall Runs. Only 6 weeks later. I love the progress. Thank you, all coaches, fellow GST trainees, and GB everybody. I am super excited after EVERY training session, can't wait for the next one :)

I see that I need my feet together much more. My glutes are also tight and then relaxing while transferring the weight? Is is really possible to have the glutes tight while shifting them to the other side? 

Thank you for all the tips that you can give me so I can proceed correctly...

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Suzanna, you should adjust the technique in order to maximize the effort:

-hands must be closer, if not during the weight transfer there is no too much support from the supporting hand

-shift the hips, the feet remains approximately in the same place, if you feel the necessity to move them more it is due to your hands width

-do not open the legs.

Martin Jones

Great progress Suzanna.

Suzanna McGee

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente for the tips. Reading them and looking at my video, it makes a lot of sense. It's hard to transfer the weight when my arms are so much apart. I will keep working on what you suggested and make it look strong and pretty. Thank you!

Ronnicky Roy

lol, that should be an advice quote. "Make it pretty".

That's what I'm going to say from now on.