This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE3

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, October 4, 2016 · 4 Replies · 104 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

So, I don't consider this mastered by any means but would like some cues or observations.Importantly, on the iM, my right hip is noticeably uncomfortable tops this highest point of each circle (so when I'm opening up my leg as though it is in abduction). Besides that, I know I need more ankle mobility in order to allow my torso to be more upright (which Alessandro pointed out in PE2, but I mean these are air squats). My aim is to master the ankle mobility before moving on to PE4 or PE5. Any thoughts on how best to improve these would be appreciated -- of course if you don't think they need improving and they fantastic, then that's cool, too.

PE3:

 

 

PE3>iM

 

 

Cheers.

Suzanna McGee

I see two things. In the PE, your right foot is pointed out a little bit more and collapsing. You want to have both sides/feet always nicely mirrored, so you wouldn't create more future problems. Maybe your right gluteus medius is weaker and you developed some habits?  Also, to me it looks like you are tucking your hips under too much on the bottom (round spine, chest too much on your knees). Maybe your hamstrings are tight?  For the ankle mobility, I think all those Seizas are great, and the Achille stretches (kneeling, standing) in FSS… You can also try to the the basic ankle/foot circles, 20 in each direction. Try to make them slow and the biggest range of motion possible, and even and pay attention if there are some hiccups, and a difference between left and right… the coaches will give you more tips :)  

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Lol, medial glute weakness. What medial glutes?!

Everett Carroll

Hey Daniel,

Focus on staying more upright in the squat put more weight back into your heels. Like Suzanna said, do make sure your feet are turned out at roughly the same angle and track your knees in line with our feet. This will prevent knee issues.

The iM looks great and nice effort overall.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

If...I stay more upright/put more weight on my heels but can't go as deep, should I regress an element? Or just keep working on it until I slowly get deeper into the squat position? Also, besides the SLS iMs and the sPL iMs, is there anything else to be done to remedy the glutes? My medial glute strength in general is lacking. Chipping away at training, doing each routine once to twice per week. Just curious, because I like to be impatient and also see things in the long game. If the suggestion is to just stay the course and focus on those points so be it and I will check back in in a few weeks times as the squat issue may take some time to fix. 

 

Cheers.