This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Broken Right Elbow- How Much Will it Hold Me Back?

Started by John Hatch, October 4, 2016 · 1 Replies · 34 Views

John Hatch

Just started fundamentals.  I am 165 lb. and 48 year old with decent bent arm strength - can do 18 dead hang pull-ups and can bench 230.  But I broke my right elbow about 3 years ago and haven't regained full mobility in my right elbow, so I cannot straighten it fully. 

How limiting will this be for me in the GST world?  Not sure at my age if I can regain the full mobility - have to say that when I was initially rehabbing I only cared to get it good enough to play basketball and throw a baseball.  

Any advice much appreciated!

Alessandro Mainente

Hi John I think it could be a problem especially if you cannot extend it completely in both passive and active motion.