This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Fundamentals and foundation help

Started by Joel Bettson, October 4, 2016 · 5 Replies · 165 Views

Joel Bettson

I just wanted to get an idea of people's programs..

I purchased both foundation and fundamentals, I have been doing the exercises twice to three times a week, and stretching most nights.. 

I usually do three exercises per workout e.g. Leg squat, mana, rope climb.. Then change to another 3 next work out.. 

I just wanted to know how much of fundamentals is ok to do, ATM I'm only up to block 2, so I would do all these exercises every night..

Before I started gymnastic bodies, I worked out regularly (with weights) is it ok to incorporate weights also, and some mobility to go with? Eg. Bench press, and a shoulder extension stretch.. Or should I just stick solely to the program?

Thanks

Joel

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

If you have not already completed fundamentals then do it and only after begin with foundations.

I prefer that you follow the course, if you force the shoulders extension without a proper internal rotator mobilization you risk to stress the rotator cuff.

Use the fundamentals to understand your limitations then move on.

Joel Bettson

Thanks for the reply, but

That still doesn't help with how much fundamentals I should or can be doing?

Or how much foundations is enough or not enough for when I get through fundamentals..  

Coach Sommer

Hi Joel,

Of course it does.  Fundamentals follows a six day schedule where new materials are released each day.

Please take a moment to review your Fundamentals introductory videos on how to properly utilize the course for maximum benefit.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Joel Bettson

The exercises are specific to the each day, so I shouldn't incorporate any other exercise? I have tight hamstrings, so for example if the daily exercise is torso mobility, can I add Stiff bear? Or should I just leave it until it comes round again? 

Thanks 

Joel

Everett Carroll

Hey Joel,

It will be great for you to review exercises from previous lessons before proceeding with the current day's lesson. The lessons do not repeat so it is a good idea to begin regularly hitting the areas you need to work on.