Bad to train late?

Started by Rampage, January 3, 2010 · 2 Replies · 3,140 Views

Rampage

I remember a cousin of mine telling me that working late in the night was bad, that is, if you go to sleep somewhere between 11pm and onwards, working like at 10pm was "bad". Is there any truth to this?

Marcelo Lara

It's better to do a workout and finish it 2 hours before the time to sleep. If don't, you'll have insomnia (or, at least, it happens to me)

Charles Weill

Ha! That reminds me of last night. I was training around 10pm, and was feeling pretty exhausted. I often finish my workout late and usually train sporadically throughout the day. But this night was different. Once I was done, I tried to fall asleep, but was feeling ill and kept tossing and turning. Suddenly, I knew what was wrong: I had a craving for chocolate milk!

With that knowledge, I threw on a hat and shoes and ran out of my tee-pee to the kitchen in the freezing cold. I got my ice cold glasses of milk and was set. I was out by the time I got into my sleeping bag.

Moral of the story: Working out late is great, as long as you have a glass (or a gallon) of chocolate milk to feed your hungry, broken muscles. 8)