This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

push ups & im form check

Started by Greg White, October 3, 2016 · 19 Replies · 390 Views

Greg White

Hi all,

Please can have feedback on my form.

With the iM I know my arm isn't following the correct line on either side. Am i possibly turning too far to the side when im raising the weight overhead.

Cheers.

 

Greg White

bump

Ivan Pavlovic

Try to hold hollow body whole time, it looks fine when you go down but when you push up you stick your but out a little bit. And deppress your shoulders more. IM looks fine to me.

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

1. Watch the course related videos for small details like general hand placement, rotation of the upper arm, etc.

2. When starting a set, get into the overall body position and place your hands while laying, chest down, on the ground. 

3. Keep your elbows close to sides without pressing them into your "Lats." Doing push ups this way makes you develop the pressing strength of your triceps, that you will need later.

Greg White

Thanks Ivan, I appreciate the feedback. I'll focus on those points next session.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Actually your form shows an improper body alignment at the top of the rep: you are piking. reduce a bit the PPT so that there is more a diagonal line from heel to shoulders. protraction it is fine,remember to couple it with a strong depression.

 

Greg White

Thanks Alex. I see what you mean. Hopefully less PPT might make them a bit easier! ☺

Cheers

Greg White

Thanks Rayne. Had a try with setting up on the floor and elbows positioning as suggested. Setting up on the ground definitely helps negate the pike and get better feel for body line.

My hand position is middle finger straight ahead, palms externally screwed into the ground with elbow pits facing forward.

Suzanna McGee
3 hours ago, Greg White said:

Thanks Rayne. Had a try with setting up on the floor and elbows positioning as suggested. Setting up on the ground definitely helps negate the pike and get better feel for body line.

My hand position is middle finger straight ahead, palms externally screwed into the ground with elbow pits facing forward.

I will try to do that too next time. Push-ups are so so so hard for me. Every tip on a right position of any body part will make my movements more efficient and hopefully stronger faster. Thanks @Rayne-William Fitzgerald...

Greg White

Hi,

Updated form vid. Been trying to get a better line, less pike.

I think there's still too much shoulder elevation but I was focusing on the line so much I forgot about it :/

Thanks

 

 

 

 

Greg White

bump

Greg White

Hi. Please can I have form check. I've been working on eliminating pike and keeping shoulders depressed.

Cheers!

 

 

Greg White

bump

Ryan Reynolds

Not a coach but looks good to me Greg.

Marcus Patterson

looks good to me too

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Greg,

Sorry for the delayed response. It looks pretty good and its a nice improvement. It looks like at the bottom of your reps you are losing a small amount of PPT. Remember to squeeze the gluts throughout the entire set.

Greg White

Cheers Jeff. :)

Greg White

Hello again,

Please may i have some feedback on my latest attempt.

I'm hoping I'm eliminating the slight loss of PPT at the bottom?

  @Jeffrey BittnerYour thoughts?

Cheers!

 

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Greg,

It looks good. Way to get after it and make improvements. Awesome job!

Greg White
19 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hi Greg,

It looks good. Way to get after it and make improvements. Awesome job!

Cheers Jeff!

Your guidance is very much appreciated.