This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE5 "stalled"

Started by Bill Marr, October 3, 2016 · 4 Replies · 181 Views

Bill Marr

So I've progressed to Manna PE5 and did it for the first time this morning. Am I correct in saying this is the point where, no stall bars, no complete workout? The mobility drill seems to require these... anyone have a work-around for this if you don't have access to them? And no, living in Canada going into winter, a playground isn't an option! Had to do the PE4 mobility in its place.

For those who have progressed beyond here... I'm on the verge of entering Foundation 2 for most disciplines... are stall bars an absolute necessity now? I'm guessing it's time to bite the bullet and install a set in my home gym?

Mats Trane

Bite the bullet! You'll never regret it. I used to be without them, now I can't understand how I lived without them. I use the every time I train. Excellent for stretching/strengthening, pike, pancake, lats, scapula, doing elevated bridge etc etc.

Craig Copeland

In Mats we trust. 

I got a set from my in-laws as a Christmas present last year, so I didn't have to shell out the $ for them. But I would have bought them for myself if in-laws hadn't. Tremendously useful, for F1 and for thoracic bridge series. 

 

Kai Ewert

They are quite cheap and straighforward to make and so worth it. I was doing some catching up work over Xmas break and then decided to build my own stall bars instead. Instead of dull work, I woke up in the morning excited to make them. Best decision ever. I use them all the time.

William Marler

Yea, you need them. Or to train at a place with them. Nice job advancing to the point where you actually need equipment!