This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE5 Twisting Arch Up Equipment

Started by Suzanna McGee, October 3, 2016 · 7 Replies · 188 Views

Suzanna McGee

I have this angled machine that I use for the "Twisting Arch Up"… also we have the regular (horizontal) Roman Chair (picture below). Is any one preferred over the other? Also, any thoughts on my form, please? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 8ff3a53f-a4ab-4d14-9a80-48f99b8e6699.jpg

Antonio Alías Montoya

In my opinion the Roman Chair below is much better for this exercise because with the other machine the exercise it s not as hard as it should be for mastery. With the machine on the video the upper you go the easier is the exercise and it should be the opossite. I think all tension should be at the top of the movement. But let some real expert enlighten us.

Suzanna McGee

That makes sense, Antonio. I was just wondering because in the exercise video SL/PE5 the man is doing the horizontal set up, but the Technique Tip video, the lady is having the tilted set up (even though she was using the strap). Curious what the coaches have to say… 

@Everett Carroll @Alessandro Mainente @Jon Douglas

Alessandro Mainente

NO matter how you arrange yourself it is more important the level of the feet in comparison to the hips. they must be at the same level, this mean legs held in a horizontal position.

Randall Osborne

aren't the feet about 2 rungs below the hips in the technique vids?

Suzanna McGee

Thank you, @Alessandro Mainente, I will keep working on the horizontal roman chair in the future… And @Randall Osborne, yes, in one of the videos, the legs are much lower than the hips. That's why I decided to ask how it should be actually done. 

Marcus Patterson
13 hours ago, Suzanna McGee said:

Thank you, @Alessandro Mainente, I will keep working on the horizontal roman chair in the future… And @Randall Osborne, yes, in one of the videos, the legs are much lower than the hips. That's why I decided to ask how it should be actually done. 

I did all my exercises that same as you as I don´t really have an option to do them with legs level with hips. Now I am questioning the effectiveness of it.

Suzanna McGee
12 hours ago, Marcus Patterson said:

I did all my exercises that same as you as I don´t really have an option to do them with legs level with hips. Now I am questioning the effectiveness of it.

I did it today on the horizontal Roman chair. It was slightly more intense, but not that much that you would not pass on the one that you were doing… the incline feels like it has more flow, longer range of motion… this was shorter range and more intense on the top. But I would not worry if I were you, if you don't have any other option.