This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Tensor Fasciae Latae Cramps

Started by Darren Rousar, October 3, 2016 · 5 Replies · 135 Views

Darren Rousar

Not sure which of the stretch series forums to put this question, so I choose the most obvious.
Many of the stretches (and some of the F1 exercises) give me cramps in what I think art both tensor fasciae latae. This, of course, stops me cold. As mentioned in another thread regarding Swivel Hips, I cannot (yet) get my knees to the floor on the inside rotations. This makes it hard to counteract the cramps as well.

Is there a specific stretch for this, or shall I just wait until I can get better at Swivel Hips?

 

Darren Rousar

Connecting this with another post in F1, my guess is that when I can finally get my interior knee to the floor when swivel-hipping, all will be well.

Alessandro Mainente

Cramps outside mean usually tight adductor, how is your middle split?

Darren Rousar

Not sure. I'm doing the three stretch series very slowly. When doing Swivel Hips (F1) I can get my outer leg(s) all the way to the floor without lifting a hip.

Front on Tuesdays, Middle on Thursdays, and Thoracic on Saturdays.
Plus, I'm only doing the first five or six stretches of each. My intent is to take it very slow since I am also doing F1 on Mon/Wed/Fri.

Alessandro Mainente

I was meaning how proficient are you in the middle split, are you far or close to achieve it?

Stuart McFarlane

I'm glad someone else gets these cramps down the outside of their leg, I get it while performing middle split and well I am so tight all over the V that I create in straddle has an angle of about 35 degrees and my pancake work has me sitting basically upright as I can't do anything with anterior tilt (I use the block scaling, so have about 3 blocks under me to assist. I think I will be able to measure my progress in decades not months but I'll keep plugging away ... #consistency!)

I assumed these cramps were part of the loosening process and to be expected.