This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sSL/PE5 Planche Lean, plus iM

Started by Suzanna McGee, October 3, 2016 · 8 Replies · 177 Views

Suzanna McGee

Can you please comment and correct, if necessary? 

 

Piotr Ochocki

To my eye (strength element, mobility looks quite ok):

- depress (pull them down) shoulders and keep them there actively.

- you may be able to squeeze bit more protraction, but hard to say for this angle.

- tight abs and bum.

- as you will know, work towards more closed shoulder angle (hands under bellybutton/hips)

Mikkel Ravn

Body shape looks good, but perhaps a tad less piking at the end.

I'd say that more lean is required, but you're probably already aware of this.

Suzanna McGee

Here I have a little bit more lean. My belly button is above that "muffin" above my pants :) so my hands seem to be getting close below the belly button, right? Or am I fooling myself?  

 

Suzanna McGee

@Everett Carroll? Anybody? Any thoughts?

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

Before you start a set. Lay on the ground, place your hands and set the overall body position.

Start the set by pushing up into the lean.

Petri Widsten

Hi Suzanna

Looking good to me. I'd just make sure the feet are able to slide freely and you're not using resistance from them to help.

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Suzanna,

Nice improvement! As you lean forward you are losing a small amount of protraction. Right now it isn't a big deal, but later on down the line it will make a difference. Over all, it looks pretty good. Good work!

Suzanna McGee

Thanks, @Jeffrey Bittner! Glad to hear I am on a right track. I will stay on this PE5 and make it stronger and the protraction better… and also making sure that I am not using my feet to help, @Petri Widsten. I have to do it again and feel it, so I would be aware what is happening there in my feet. Very helpful, guys, thank you!. @Rayne-William Fitzgerald, I will start the way how you describe. A great tip!