Can you please give tips or comments on my PE and iM?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Suzanna McGee, October 3, 2016 · 8 Replies · 153 Views
Can you please give tips or comments on my PE and iM?
The natural leg extension it is good.
On the speed skater you need to:
-lean forward more so that you can barely touch the floor behind you with the top of the knee
-try to reach in line with your heel.
5 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:The natural leg extension it is good.
On the speed skater you need to:
-lean forward more so that you can barely touch the floor behind you with the top of the knee
-try to reach in line with your heel.
Great, thank you, will do! I was trying to have my body as vertical as possible… I will do it tomorrow again the new way, how you suggest.
6 hours ago, Suzanna McGee said:Great, thank you, will do! I was trying to have my body as vertical as possible… I will do it tomorrow again the new way, how you suggest.
Remember that leaning more it is not directly linked to the body position but to the knee position.
@Alessandro Mainente, a new version where I barely touch the floor and the standing knee is more forward. Curious to hear what you think? Thank you!
Better, just in life with the heel not forward or too backward..in line. my personal preference here to bent a bit the backward knee so that you are cannot put some weight on the shin when reaching the floor.
9 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:Better, just in life with the heel not forward or too backward..in line. my personal preference here to bent a bit the backward knee so that you are cannot put some weight on the shin when reaching the floor.
Thanks, Alessandro. Will work on your suggestions and hopefully make it right the next time.
Referring to the forward lean Alex mentioned. Consider the stance of a speed skater as they are skating near or at full speed.
From personal experience, at full speed your balancing foot is placed on the skating surface so that you can balance on one foot. The sweeping arm movements can be used to extend the distance your push off foot propels you.
Makes sense @Rayne-William Fitzgerald. I used to rollerblade (and even skate-ski long time ago)… I can definitely visualize and even feel the movement in my body