This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Relating name and code in the new Interface

Started by Samin Ishtiaq, October 2, 2016 · 3 Replies · 174 Views

Samin Ishtiaq

Say I'm going to do my Core exercises today. I click the icon. The first exercise it shows me says "Bent Hollow Body Hold 3X12s". I do them, that's fine.

Now, I go to the Settings page. (And, thank you, it's great that I can get to the Settings from the main, top-level menu!). All I see there is "FL/PE1 Step 1".

I know that FL/PE1 is bHBH, and I know that Step 1 is 3X12s. But it would be great if the website related these two for me. (I know, people get confused about the FL/PE1 notation. But it could be given in a second line, under the "Bent Hollow Body Hold 3X12s", say, in the Core exercise.)

What do people think?

Lucy Flynn

Can you explain the settings page? I have just started the foundation today, and just thought one was supposed to do the videos as they show up? How are you using the settings page? Is that just ot go and do a certain exercise if it is not the one that shows on your screen as the one for the week/day?

Samin Ishtiaq

Hi Lucy, 

Take an exercise like FL/PE1. This consists of a strength exercise coupled with a mobility one. Mastery for FL/PE1 means being able to do 5 X (60s + 5r): read this as "5 sets of (60s PE plus 5r iM)". You achieve this Mastery by showing that you can go through nine Steps (Step 1, Step 2, ...) according to the "60 Second Mastery Template" laid out at https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/f-templates/. 

You can go through the Steps one at a time. Or, if you think you can, you test your Mastery of Step 9, Step 6, Step 3. To do this using the online workout system, you need to set the Step you're doing yourself, manually. This what the Settings page (we got there finally!)  https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/#settings lets you do.

F1 has a several threads on "how to get started". Search those for a (prob) better explanation. But I hope this helps. 

Cory Fair

 

20 hours ago, Lucy Flynn said:

Can you explain the settings page? I have just started the foundation today, and just thought one was supposed to do the videos as they show up? How are you using the settings page? Is that just ot go and do a certain exercise if it is not the one that shows on your screen as the one for the week/day?

Hi Lucy,

You are correct. The videos are meant to be done as they show up. As long as you click the smiley the course will handle everything for you automatically. Settings are simply if something is off for some reason. You fix it once and forget about them.