This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Fake Foods - Coconut

Started by Bret Kennedy, October 1, 2016 · 2 Replies · 115 Views

Bret Kennedy

HI all. So I just got my first update in a while which is bulletproof kitchen. At the very bottom it says ' what we don't have, fake foods: Coconut'

 

Wondering if I could get a little bit more info on this? As all the research I have read and see says coconut is amazing.

 

any info would be great.

Thanks

Julia Quigley

Good question! It should read "...fake health foods like coconut-, arrowroot-, and tapioca- flour." 

In other words, he's saying to stay away from various flours that people use to make "healthy" baked goods (that aren't really healthy). Better to eat the real thing on a Sunday if you want to!

Jeff Serven

Julia is right. 

Bret you are right too. Coconut is great however when you make a flour out of it you pretty much extract everything that made it healthy. Further if you really look close at these so called heathy flours they often sit for months before being sold then months in your pantry, Whatever was left is now gone. Also I believe the actual part they use is the part that holds all the phytic acid. So you are getting a concentrated dose. Not too alarming but I would not call it "heath" food.