This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE2

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, September 30, 2016 · 3 Replies · 63 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

 

What needs to be worked on for these? The iM is still difficult. I also tried using the back strap over a door, but I felt like I was trying to do a handsrand more so than work my medial glutes. Insights on both the iM and how to better use the backstraps are appreciated.

Cheers.

 

Suzanna McGee

I guess the coaches will say: point your toes, lock your knees (straight knees) at the end of the motion in the iM…. I am just guessing :) 

Everett Carroll

Hi Daniel,

On top of what Suzanna said, try to straddle up and out evenly. The leg should fully extend, reach the height of the bench, and be at its max straddle, at roughly the same time. Also be sure to pause for a moment before lowering the leg.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Yeah, my work's still cut out for me. My medial glutes and my shoulder extension are my weak links. Thanks