This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, September 30, 2016 · 15 Replies · 173 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Insights on these? I feel ready to move on but will refine if necessary. 

 

 

 

 

Adam Porter

I'm hopping in to ask a quick question. I've just been grabbing a doorframe (I just started F1 this past week) for the mobility stretch. What are you using? Is that something I can buy, or is it something simple like a strap lodged in the door?

Much appreciated!

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
46 minutes ago, Adam Porter said:

I'm hopping in to ask a quick question. I've just been grabbing a doorframe (I just started F1 this past week) for the mobility stretch. What are you using? Is that something I can buy, or is it something simple like a strap lodged in the door?

Much appreciated!

 

It's a door hanger. Elastic tubing, the GB Backstraps, a TRX trainer, all typically come with them and they have an eye loop. I put the block on one side of the door and then I grab the loop with whichever hand/arm I'm stretching. It allows me to adjust the height (to varying levels by my chest) and is a quick/easy fix for not having stall bars (I do have a ladder in my basement, which I use for press handstand mobilities, but using that in this case would slow down my workout pace -- that's a no-no). You can amazon, google any sort of option. Hell, a belt might even work well, though I wouldn't recommend any expensive belts, ha. 

 

Make sense? Of any help?

Cameron Williams

Hey Daniel,

It looks like you're doing the iM for the old RC/PE1... if you look at the follow along video, the iM for this element has the torso pretty much parallel with the floor, with arms overhead, leaning to one side at a time.

Cam

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
1 hour ago, Cameron Williams said:

Hey Daniel,

It looks like you're doing the iM for the old RC/PE1... if you look at the follow along video, the iM for this element has the torso pretty much parallel with the floor, with arms overhead, leaning to one side at a time.

Cam

Actually, I am following the follow-along video and I respectfully disagree. Sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean.

Edit: I think you're lumping the old PE2, with the old PE2>im which is not the case. The iMs didn't change. At least from my purview, only the PEs did. A forum coach may feel free to correct me, but I review this stuff pretty thoroughly. So, I'll be the first to admit if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

Cameron Williams

Maybe we have different videos.

Here's my screen shot for the iM for this element

 

Cameron Williams

Cameron Williams

Sorry the paste function didn't work there... I've attached the pic as a file, hopefully this works.

IMG_6770.PNGThat's the iM that's linked with ground rows for me.

Adam Porter
5 hours ago, Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

It's a door hanger. Elastic tubing, the GB Backstraps, a TRX trainer, all typically come with them and they have an eye loop. I put the block on one side of the door and then I grab the loop with whichever hand/arm I'm stretching. It allows me to adjust the height (to varying levels by my chest) and is a quick/easy fix for not having stall bars (I do have a ladder in my basement, which I use for press handstand mobilities, but using that in this case would slow down my workout pace -- that's a no-no). You can amazon, google any sort of option. Hell, a belt might even work well, though I wouldn't recommend any expensive belts, ha. 

 

Make sense? Of any help?

That helps a ton. Many thanks for the ideas! I've got gymnastic rings on the way, so I'll have a strap that I can play around with for that, too.

Cameron Williams

Oh you know what - you're right!! I just checked and I've been doing the old PE2 but the following the new PE2 vids. I didn't even notice the change in body angle, as my rows are kind of in between the two :facepalm:

Sorry man... thanks for helping me spot that though haha!

Cam

Jon Douglas

Glad I could help resolve another forum debate just in time! Carry on about your day, citizens! :D

Cameron Williams

Haha! Thanks Jon - couldn't have done it without you :lol:

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
51 minutes ago, Jon Douglas said:

Glad I could help resolve another forum debate just in time! Carry on about your day, citizens! :D

Lol you didn't dooo anything, but feel free to take credit haha

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Andddd back to the ORIGINAL post. Guys I'm good to move on? Got the a-okay from a video review, but curious what the forums think.

Petri Widsten
1 hour ago, Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

Andddd back to the ORIGINAL post. Guys I'm good to move on? Got the a-okay from a video review, but curious what the forums think.

I was told to lower further down, to about 30-45 deg from the floor. Don't think it matters much but the closer you get to ground rows now the easier they'll be. I think moving on and staying are both ok.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Soooo, more to be done the higher I am? Troublemaker I is. PE2 it shall be.