This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What is next?

Started by Marcio Silva, September 30, 2016 · 2 Replies · 76 Views

Marcio Silva

I decided to join GB due to tightness in my body, specially Thoracic spine.

My goal: stop all my meathead work and concentrate in stretch/mobility for 3 months and then re evaluate

Health history: 8th rib once was dislocated and that generated a "twist' on the vertebrae, busted wrists more than once boxing, tightness through hips and lower body due to volleyball.

Chiropractor and massage therapist do ART on my back 1 X a week.

I have bought the Fundamentals and Thoracic bridge courses to deal specially with my T spine

So far it is OK.

Crab is extremely hard for me but I get it done.

Wrist stretches mostly not pleasant.

I can't do the bridges at all (rib cage feels locked and upper body weak).

At this point doing both series back to back is all right.

But I know that there is more stuff coming during the next 3 weeks and at the same point I want to get the front split course.

Is there a lot of overlap or should I finish the fundamentals and then go for Front Split?

Thank you

 

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Mario,

You would be perfectly fine to begin front split and/or middle split now. Glad to hear you are taking care of your mobility! Keep up the hard work. 

Mark Collins

I think you would be better to go with Foundation and thoracic bridge. Foundation has alot of active mobility and strengthening in ranges that you need. Alot if the time we are stiff because we are weak rather than just being tight.