This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE4 (Bulgarian ring rows)

Started by Petri Widsten, September 29, 2016 · 7 Replies · 170 Views

Petri Widsten

I set the rings at box height. I'm not able to adjust ring gap (in case it matters).

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Petri,

I recommend turning your hands 90 degrees at the top so that your palms are facing towards your head. This will help build more strength through the upper arm and elbows for more advanced work. Also make sure you are pulling so wide that your hands are outside of your shoulders.

Petri Widsten

Cheers Everett,

Yes, I actually did much of the earlier PEs with full hand rotation (did you mean 180 degrees, starting with palms facing away from my head?). No problem changing that. Hands outside shoulders seems tricky without adjusting the rings wider, or am I just imagining it?

Everett Carroll

A 90 degree turn is good. Try pulling wider; by the looks of the setup, you should be able to pull apart a bit more .

Petri Widsten
31 minutes ago, Everett Carroll said:

A 90 degree turn is good. Try pulling wider; by the looks of the setup, you should be able to pull apart a bit more .

I'll give it a shot. Maybe I'll also set up my own rings a bit wider on the Smith machine to see if it makes a difference. That machine is useful (only) for many things it's not intended for!

To be clear on the 90 degrees, do you recommend going from palms facing away to palms facing each other or from palms facing each other to palms towards your head?

Everett Carroll

Palms facing away at the bottom to palms facing each other at the top. The technical video shows this if you need a visual.

Petri Widsten

@Everett Carroll

The rotation made it easier to go wider so hands are now at biceps. How are they now?

 

Everett Carroll

Looks good Petri! Nice improvement.