This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

bHBR & iM form check

Started by Greg White, September 28, 2016 · 15 Replies · 267 Views

Greg White

Hi all,

A form check on my least fave GB exercise please.

Cheers.

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Greg,

The things we like to do the least are the things that make us better. You're almost there! The bumping motion you are picking up in your PE is a result of letting the hip angle open up as you begin to rock forward. Remember to keep your lower back pressed into the ground at all times. On your iM, make sure that you are maintaining PPT. Keep working at it!

Greg White

Thanks Jeff.

Regards to keeping my lower back pressed to the floor am I rocking through too large a ROM and coming too far forward or do you think I dont have enough PPT?

Greg White

Hi. Another PE and iM form check. I've working on maintaining the hip angle and keeping the lower back pressed. Not sure if i'm getting it though? Any tips on how to keep the hip angle constant?

Thanks

 

Greg White

bump

Ryan Reynolds

I think you've still got some segmenting in your PE but its better than the previous form check so your headed in the right direction. 

Im keep your head and neck in line with your spine, I think you have improved your PPT.  Are you actively retracting and externally rotating your shoulders as much as you can?

Greg White

Hi Ryan. Not sure what you mean by segmenting?

Re the iM I do usually focus on retraction but don't think im ex-rotating my shoulders as much as I can, so I'll pay attention to that. I'll focus on the head neck alignment.

Cheers for the feedback.

Ryan Reynolds

I only meant that your hip angel was still changing slightly same critique that Jeffery gave you.  Though it is better form now than last time.

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Greg,

Nice improvement! The PE has come a long way. On your iM you are doing a better job of maintaining PPT, but it looks like you can get even more pelvic tilt. Way to go!

Greg White
On 11/10/2016 at 5:25 AM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hi Greg,

Nice improvement! The PE has come a long way. On your iM you are doing a better job of maintaining PPT, but it looks like you can get even more pelvic tilt. Way to go!

Thanks Jeff, always appreciated. 

If possible check form on the below links? They've been on for few days but not been checked by Coach. Thanks.

Greg White

Hi all,

I'm stil having trouble maintaining the hip angle on the bHBR. I've used the technique, for a couple of months, where i place hands on knees to maintain the angle, but after a couple of months I've removed my hands and there's no improvement. I look to be flicking the knees a lot. 

I've not been able to train as consistenly as I want to this winter due to re-occuring flu and several colds (My 2YO daughter passes everything she catches in nursery onto me!). I find inconsistent training affects this exercise more than any other, certainly in terms of reps/time. On other exercises I may not have made much progress in reps/seconds over the last few months but i have at least improved their form and technique. With BHBR i dont think anything has really improved so I really need some cues and tips to learn how to maintain the hip angle

Thanks

Greg

 

Greg White

Hi @Alessandro Mainente

Here's the bHBR with hands on knees.

 

Alessandro Mainente

this is good, not put the hands lower in the middle of the upper leg.

Greg White

Hi @Alessandro Mainente

I've been using the hands on mid thigh for a month and my form has been the same as hands on knees, so no problem. So I tried with hands off the legs and the knee flicking returned, a lot!

I've decided to go back to PE1 as I dont think I really mastered ot first time round. Can you let me know what you think of my form.

Cheers!

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

The form it is good, do not tuck the head forward, hold the neck in the neutral position.

Greg White
2 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

The form it is good, do not tuck the head forward, hold the neck in the neutral position.

Thanks Alex.

I started doing them and forgot whether it's neutral or tucked.:)