Hello, I have recently gotten a strange pain in my left shoulder when going past 90 degrees in handstand pushups. I am a circus performer and I train several hours of handstand every day with no apparent problems. Stuff such as heavy 1 arm positions, kick ups from elbow lever, bowers and muscle ups dont give any problems, it is only the ROM of handstand pushups. It seems like it is mostly overhead push with arms at a 90 degree angle that is the problem, since when I do bowers I am slightly in front with no pain. The pains are pretty sharp in the front part of the shoulder. It does not hinder my progress much, since I have a lot of stuff to work on, but I would like to find out whats causing it as fast as possible.
My left is significantly weaker than my right, and sometimes I experience very slight discomfort in the left rotator cuff when I do 1 arm flag positions on the left arm, so I suspect it can have something to do with the rotator. I have been looking up impingement pains a little bit, but they seem much more severe than mine,
Anyone have had similar pains or know what this can be?
Thanks,
Mikael