This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

A few questions on SE23-25

Started by Guido Franchetti, September 28, 2016 · 5 Replies · 116 Views

Guido Franchetti

- In SE23 (weighted middle split pull), can I rest the legs on the wall at then end of a repetition or should aim at keeping them off the wall for the whole 10 reps?

- Same question for SE25 (supine flairs): can I rest the legs on the floor at the end of a rep or should they be "floating" for the whole set?

- SE24 (isometric middle split): What is the point of this exercise? Usually in a contract relax stretch after the contract phase one lowers deeper into the stretch. However here we are not going deep into middle split after the third and longest hold, so I am not sure about what the point of the exercise is.

Luzian Scherrer
5 hours ago, Guido Franchetti said:

- SE24 (isometric middle split): What is the point of this exercise? Usually in a contract relax stretch after the contract phase one lowers deeper into the stretch. However here we are not going deep into middle split after the third and longest hold, so I am not sure about what the point of the exercise is.

Good question. I was asking myself that very same question many times while doing it but never remebered to ask about it afterwards... I'm looking forward to an insight on this.

Alessandro Mainente

For the first 2 question the legs must not rest on the wall or on the floor.

For the SE24: it is a common way to improve strength in the maximal range of motion.

Guido Franchetti

Thanks Alessandro. Would it benefit to do some middle split deeper stretch after the longest hold or it is better to follow the course as it is?

Alessandro Mainente

For you actual level nope. Quite advanced and it should be assisted by a person with adequate competency.

Guido Franchetti

All right, I'll stay calm then!