This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Early progression with Foundations 1

Started by Christopher Roark, September 28, 2016 · 1 Replies · 189 Views

Christopher Roark

Hello all:

I have just started Foundations 1.  I have a question about progressions. There are some exercises that are easy from a strength standpoint, but my mobility is not like the people in the videos. 

As an example. I can pretty easily perform the seated Russian twist in the 1st progression but I cannot get the weight to touch the ground on either side without twisting my arms independent of my torso. Should I progress or stay at this level until I can twist the torso enough to touch the weight on the ground without moving my arms independently?

One other example. The stiff leg windmill (1st progression for tuck ups) is not particularly hard from a weight standpoint, BUT I cannot touch the ground and there is some non-painful popping in my shoulders. Do I stay or progress?  

I am in no hurry, but I also just do not want to be needlessly spinning my wheels.

Thank you.

Chris

Jon Douglas

Hi Christopher,

Don't advance on the elements which yu have not achieved full range of motion for. This is insufficent for mastery :)