This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wrist Series (Current Progress)

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, September 27, 2016 · 4 Replies · 124 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

So I was progressing well on these and was somewhere between SE3 and SE4 on all the elements when one day, while doing crab walks (of all things) I felt this excessive pressure on the inside of my left wrist (where the radius meets the hand). It's not painful and I have full function of my hand (doors, jars, and all my Foundation work is not an issue)--when it initially happened I was worried about training, but then afterward I found that it was maybe just a bit too much effort and hasty progress. So, as a result, I've dialed it back to SE1 on both Wrist Rocks, Wrist Press and Fingertip Pushups to ensure that my form is tip-top and I don't have any issues, pain or noisiness when performing these. As such, the first knuckle pushups don't seem to bother me at all so I have stayed at SE4 and feel quite comfortable at 5x5 (so what do I do now? I know people have said that 1x10 is good when you have mastery, but is that not the cue for when you have mastered all of the wrist series?)

Should I dial it back further under the tenderness in the radius is gone? Should I forego training my wrists at all? Sometimes they are tender after the fact. I never train through pain (I learned that the hard way), but am just wondering how else/what best to do to rehab what seems to be nothing more than a little excess

Cheers. 

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Simply stay away from painful exercises until pain it is gone.

When mastery of all the final elements is achieved then perform one single giant set with 10 reps of every exercise.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
36 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Simply stay away from painful exercises until pain it is gone.

When mastery of all the final elements is achieved then perform one single giant set with 10 reps of every exercise.

Thanks. How was my form on what I demonstrated? 

Alessandro Mainente

On the WR you can reduce a bit the rom in the lower part of the rep. the other forms are ok.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Updated progress. 

 

Here's WP/SE2, FKP/SE4, WR/SE2, FTP/SE3. They all feel pretty good and I've been conscious of trying to work good form, PPT and scapular protraction throughout.

WP/SE2:

 

 

FKP/SE4:

 

WR/SE2:

 

FTP/SE3: