This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1 Workouts vs Stretching

Started by Franc Perez Feliu, September 27, 2016 · 3 Replies · 303 Views

Franc Perez Feliu

Hi there!

I am new at the Foundations 1 course. I understand that I need to complete ONCE per week the Lower Upper and Core workouts. It takes me literally 30-40min to complete all three.

What to do with the rest of the week? 

I'm thinking of adding stretching and some mobility workouts to improve my hips, as they are really tight (lack of mobility).

Do you have any suggestions on how I should stretch? Do you recommend buying the stretch program?

Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks a lot!

Franc

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Franc, absolutely.

As you progress the best solution it is a F1 + stretch course implementation. stretch series for middle split, front split and thoracic spine.

Samin Ishtiaq

Hi Franc,

Stretch goes well with F1. In fact, some would say pay for your Stretch first, then for F1 :-)

If it helps you, this is my weekly schedule:

M: C+LB

T: UB & HS. FS.

W: TB

T: C+LB & HS.

F: UB. MS.

I do my C, LB, UB, HS in the morning. Stretches are all done in the evening. 

Keegan Yentsch

Definitely would also recommend the stretch courses, they are outstanding and have been extremely beneficial. For Foundation I think the Middle Split course and Front split courses are more important earlier in the progressions than Thoracic Bridge. But if you plan on doing the Handstand course then TB is essential IMO.

As Samin said above, you only do each stretch course once per week. 

My Split is:

Monday: HS+UB+FS

Tuesday: Core+LB

Wednesday: TB

Thursday: HS+UB

Friday: Core+LB

Saturday: MS