This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

When will it become more specific?

Started by Alex Hurley, September 26, 2016 · 8 Replies · 340 Views

Alex Hurley

Hi GB,

First off, Im enjoying the new online format. I can see how it helps to bring people forward and more so at their own pace.

I was wanting to know when the programme will be more keyed towards a specific moment. For example, foundation is set to develop FL, SL, SLS, MN etc, yet there is only a 'CORE' and and 'UPPER BODY' section with the new format. So my question really is more on future programming and how that will change along the way, I'm a patient person and I know that is a process that will take years, not weeks. So far, I'm loving it!

Many thanks in advance,

 

Alex

UK

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Alex until the F1 completion you have to follow the "follow along videos" in the appropriate section under "core, legs, upper body". then when F1 is completed you will become more autonomous .

Alex Hurley

Thanks Alessandro, and that's when I move onto F2??

Coach Sommer

Hi Alex,

Your training is already specific. ;)

The Core primary workout is composed of the three elements (FL, MN, SL) that you already mentioned.  However for beginners there is no need to belabor this fact by name.  

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Alex Hurley

Great! Thanks for response coach.

If I'm feeling great and I feel I'm ready, can I test mastery at any time?? I don't want to be the immature 'athlete', but just curious. For example, my wrist rocks feel seriously easy now in the hollow position and thinking if I shoulder just move onto the next PE??

Many thanks

Alex

Coach Sommer

Hi Alex,

You're welcome.  And just for the record, there are no 'wrist rocks' in F1. ;)

No, immediate mastery testing is no longer allowed in F1.  

In a few days, you may however choose an accelerated schedule if you feel its appropriate by selecting a 'too easy' smiley face which will increase your PE programming from step 1 to step 5 to step 9 to the new PE's step 1 etc.

The new updated smiley faces will be available in a few days time.

For the record the smiley face system operates as follows:

Too easy - bumps up fm step 1 to step 5 to step 9 (mastery) to new PE step 1

Easy - bumps up one step

Just right - remains on the current step

Too hard - drops down one step

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Alex Hurley

Ah yea, I meant for H1 (wrist rocks) do should have mentioned in the other forum.

Thanks coach, thats very clear now. Il be keeping an eye on dates for when GB will be coming back to the UK. 100% il be there.

Yours in building fitness ;)

Alex

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
4 hours ago, Coach Sommer said:

Hi Alex,

You're welcome.  And just for the record, there are no 'wrist rocks' in F1. ;)

No, immediate mastery testing is no longer allowed in F1.  

In a few days, you may however choose an accelerated schedule if you feel its appropriate by selecting a 'too easy' smiley face which will increase your PE programming from step 1 to step 5 to step 9 to the new PE's step 1 etc.

The new updated smiley faces will be available in a few days time.

For the record the smiley face system operates as follows:

Too easy - bumps up fm step 1 to step 5 to step 9 (mastery) to new PE step 1

Easy - bumps up one step

Just right - remains on the current step

Too hard - drops down one step

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

 

Sounds like a pretty intuitive selection system then. Cheers to the team for diligently updating it. This is the second week in and I don't really notice the changes much at all, in regard to there possibly being some detriments. Training slugs on as usual. With the added benefit of adding more or taking away a workout based on life (thus far haven't needed to reduce anything). Cheers to progress. Slowly approaching PE3 on some elements.

Paul McLachlan
4 hours ago, Coach Sommer said:

 

The new updated smiley faces will be available in a few days time.

For the record the smiley face system operates as follows:

Too easy - bumps up fm step 1 to step 5 to step 9 (mastery) to new PE step 1

Easy - bumps up one step

Just right - remains on the current step

Too hard - drops down one step

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach - I'm glad you're making this change.  I was disappointed when the option to skip a few steps was there originally and then taken away.  I think this will work fantastically.

Even if you are coming at this with good mobility and athleticism, having a week or two to concentrate on your form for a particular exercise at lower volumes before hitting Step 9 and testing mastery is a good thing.

Paul