This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wrist Rocks

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, September 26, 2016 · 1 Replies · 98 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

On these progressions, how far forward are we to rock on knuckles? In the form videos, it looks as though the athlete only goes up onto the first knuckle of his thumb, however, in a video of a GB athlete, I saw them go all the way onto the knuckles flush with the wall (when rocking forward). I'm just curious because I feel that I might have progressed too quickly as I got some wrist pain a few weeks ago doing crab walks and have dialed back the wrist pushup series in order to avoid injury and as I work back up I want to be sure that I'm doing these properly so that I don't have to regress again. Previously I was all the way to SE4, but I'm restarting at SE1, and I want to be sure that I have complete ROM before progressing.

 

Thanks. 

@Leo Trinidad @Everett Carroll @Alessandro Mainente @Jeffrey Bittner

Alessandro Mainente

The aim of the exercise it is to complete roll the wrist forward and backward with full contact with upper (front movement) and lower (backward movement) part of the wrists.