This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Handstand: faster, better. Thoughts?

Started by Chad Moffitt, September 26, 2016 · 1 Replies · 195 Views

Chad Moffitt

Hi team,

I am still at a very basic level in the Handstand program and I'm looking to put more emphasis on my handstand work.  What advice do you have about getting into it more aggressively, or quickly? (Although I know that's a dangerous word around here)  I'm currently dong Handstand just once a week.  Is it recommended/OK to do it more than that?  Is there an upper limit or sessions per week?

I'm aware that this program is designed to be fairly slow, to allow my body to adapt and that takes time.  I'm totally on board with that.  I've been doing Handstand for about a year so I'm not the type to rush into it, despite what I'm asking.  I just think that currently I'm not getting as much out of this program as I can.

Thoughts/ comments?

Everett Carroll

Hi Chad,

Add another handstand session into your week and give it at least a month before changing any other scheduling variables. This will allow you to see how your body responds to the added volume.