This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1

Started by Ray Deese, September 26, 2016 · 4 Replies · 257 Views

Ray Deese

I just signed up tonight and did all the exercises in the Core, Lower Body and Upper Body series. 

These first exercises were fairly easy and I gave them simile faces.    Question:  Do I perform these same exercises from each category again tomorrow?   Six or seven days a week?   How long will this F1 last?  When will I know that I am ready to move on to something new?   I am VERY interested in mobility, stretching, front split among other things.  I've been working out hard for the past 6 years, I am at my ideal weight, I do yoga, core (Ab Ripper X from P90X) and weight training weekly.  I study BJJ and roll HARD two days a week.    Just trying to get my mind wrapped around this program.   Thanks.

Ray

Everett Carroll

Hi Ray,

I recommend starting with one day per week for each workout. Over time, you can consider adding more, based on how your body recovers. Here is a note from coach explaining this: https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/note-from-coach/

The workouts will automatically progress for you, based on how you record they feel. I recommend you look through the introductory articles and videos to get an idea of how to progress. Here is that link: https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/intro/ 

I hope this helps. 

Ray Deese

Thank you!   I'll dig in and explore  the site more.

Greg White
23 hours ago, Ray Deese said:

Thank you!   I'll dig in and explore  the site more.

Hi Ray,

I'd highly recommend you submit form checks. Not to say that you aren't using correct form but I took it for granted that I was. After the recent introduction of the technique tip videos, and several months of doing f1, I realised the form I was using on particular exercises (gym push ups and GB push ups are 2 different planets) is not what's required to advance through GB so I started over. I'd also been training for about 6 years at that point but this F1 has humbled much stronger/advanced people than me. Starting over has been a blessing in disguise but I'd probably be further along now If i'd paid more attention to form at the beginning.

Good luck!

Greg

Ray Deese

Thanks for the advice!!  Words of wisdom friend..   Thank you..