This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How to make the most effective weekly routine

Started by Daniel Miles, September 25, 2016 · 5 Replies · 377 Views

Daniel Miles

Hey!

I just wanted some advice on how to run the most optimal routine with my current lifestyle and courses I have available.

Im a personal trainer and generally work very long hours (12-14 hours) with 6-7 hours sleep most nights. As I'm demonstrating exercises and getting involved a lot with my clients it can quite deceptively taxing and it can hamper recovery. 

I currently have the:

F1 

H1

Stretch series - Thoracic bridge and Front split (middle split on the way)

what would be the most optimal routine for these? I can work out most days except Sunday so 6 days a week.

my schedule before looked like this:

monday - F1 Upper 

tuesday - F1 Lower (morning) and front split (evening)

wednesday - Thoracic Bridge

thursday - F1 Upper 

friday - F1 Lower 

saturday - Upper Hypertrophy 

 

any advice would be great!

Everett Carroll

Hey Daniel,

As long as you are getting in each GST workout once per week, you should be good. Add more if it works for your recovery abilities.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

When are you training core and H1? 

 

My suggestion would be to pair lower body with either core or upper body and alternate. So, week 1: upper body on M/F, core/legs on W; week 2: upper body on W, core/legs on M/F. H1, you could do on Tuesday and/or Thursday.

I would also pair the Thoracic Bridge Stretch series with either an upper body day or after your Handstand work. Similarly, pair the Front Split with a day you work lower body. Given my exposure and experience some iteration thereabous has worked best for me.

Daniel Miles

Thanks guys, I forgot to add in H1 would usually be on Saturday. Also that schedule is on the old programming where core would be fused with upper or lower. So manna work on lower and front lever work on upper.

 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
4 hours ago, Daniel Miles said:

Thanks guys, I forgot to add in H1 would usually be on Saturday. Also that schedule is on the old programming where core would be fused with upper or lower. So manna work on lower and front lever work on upper.

 

 

Whatever works for ya. I've found that the schedule I mentioned works well for me. I find that doing the specific stretch series for what I trained that day really helps stretch that area better (upper body-TBs; lower body- FSs. MSs). It's all subjective, though.

Justin Rovtar

I am currently doing all 7 elements in one workout. I repeat this 2 x per week.
The order I do them in is as follows: HBP, RC, sPL, SLS, SL, FL, MN. I rest 90 sec after the completion of each exercise series, then go to the next.

Weekly Schedule

Mon: F7

Tuesday: MS + HS

Wednesday: Kickboxing, Hiking, or other activity

Thursday: F7 

Friday: FS + HS

Saturday or Sunday: TB + Kickboxing Hiking, or other activity