This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Getting into Elevated Bridge, Elevated Bridge PU, etc.

Started by Samin Ishtiaq, September 25, 2016 · 2 Replies · 177 Views

Samin Ishtiaq

In the video, the athletes get into bridge and bridge pushups from the floor. I can't get up like that from the floor. Is it acceptable to kick up to a handstand, but starting with my feet far away, so that I can stretch out into a bridge like form when my feet are at the wall?

Or else any tips on getting into the starting position? I have a wall, and no stall bars.

Everett Carroll

Hi Samin,

That is an acceptable way to get into it. If you have another person available to spot, I find that works even better. You can also try elevating your head off the ground before pushing up.

Samin Ishtiaq

Thanks Everett!