This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Splitting Up Today's Upper Body Session

Started by Ron Roitman, September 25, 2016 · 6 Replies · 205 Views

Ron Roitman

Hey all ,

Today I woke up very very early due to an unpleasant infection. I barely slept for 5 hours. My body&mood don't feel fresh :(

I also have a work shift in 3 hours & I must do some preparations. Therefore, I might not have enough time to do the entire Upper Body session. Is it acceptable if I split that up?

I'll be able to catch up on my RC session right before tomorrow's H1 session..

@Cole Dano @Alessandro Mainente @Everett Carroll @Leo Trinidad @Jon Douglas

Antonio Alías Montoya

Of course you can split up, you can split every group of exercises whenever you want. In any case training Upper Body shouldn t take you more than 30 minutes. But to be hones, if you slept 5 hours due to an infection and you don t feel good, why to train? Just rest. We ll be much better for your body. :)

Ron Roitman
9 minutes ago, Antonio Alías Montoya said:

Of course you can split up, you can split every group of exercises whenever you want. In any case training Upper Body shouldn t take you more than 30 minutes. But to be hones, if you slept 5 hours due to an infection and you don t feel good, why to train? Just rest. We ll be much better for your body. :)

It's not the kind of infection that would prevent someone from training. It's akward to tell about it haha.. It's just a very annoying one <_< 

I don't have the right equipment for the mobility for RC and I'd have to ride to the gym for that, So it would take more than 30min 

Edit: I'll split it up for today, but what I'd like to know if splitting up is okay in such circumstances. I read somewhere that the sessions, ie UpperBody should not be divided

Antonio Alías Montoya

There is no problem of splitting. As long as you train everything at least once a week. The give us total freedom on how to organize our training, you can train all in one day or separate as you wish. You can read Coach Sommer thread about the new system in Foundation 1 forum, mostly everything is explained there.

Antonio Alías Montoya

Just think that before exercises where not grouped on the same way and it was also right. They are just separating for you to know what your workouts are.

Everett Carroll

Split the workout if you need to. It is better than not doing it at all. 

Leo Trinidad

Yes you definitely need to split it if its too much for you. Slowly build up on volume.