This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE2

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, September 25, 2016 · 3 Replies · 75 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Any cues that I'm missing on these? My lower back still needs to open up more (along with my obliques, as it is hard to get my elbow down on some reps). I'm currently working 4x8 and don't want to progress until I have a bit more ROM. The strength isn't an issue for this one as much as it about ROM. I'm careful to try and squeeze the glutes and the obliques, but there's only so much I can maintain before I reach my body's current physical end range. Any other insights are appreciated.

Cheers.

@Everett Carroll @Jeffrey Bittner @Alessandro Mainente

 

Alessandro Mainente

I prefer less elbow movement and more spine twist. keep the scapulae of the bent elbow always retracted and pull back the elbow with posterior delt.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
37 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

I prefer less elbow movement and more spine twist. keep the scapulae of the bent elbow always retracted and pull back the elbow with posterior delt.

If I can't reach the floor while doing that should I just keep consistent until my obliques/spine open up more? I hear ya, the arm movement is clearly a compensation. Trying to break past that plateau but the body has its own schedule. 

Alessandro Mainente

Yes, reaching with elbow DUE TO GOOD SPINE TWIST it is the goal.