This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

When to progress if you haven't achieved the full ROM

Started by Riccardo Zanello, September 24, 2016 · 5 Replies · 194 Views

Riccardo Zanello

Hello,

In the Tuck up exercise and coupled mobility, I cannot fully

-tuck the legs to my chest

-touch the floor with my hand in the mobility exercise

 

Should I keep practicing these till I get the full ROM, before going to more reps, or the next exercise?

 

Thanks

 

R

Everett Carroll

Hi Riccardo,

Yes, continue to practice these until ROM is adequate. It pays off to spend the time perfecting each pair of movements before moving on. Stay patient. You can always post a form check to get specific tips! 

Riccardo Zanello

Does it mean I need to stay on this pair before progressing to the next variation, but I can keep advancing with sets and reps WITHIN the pair, or it means I have to stay at a fixed reps/sets till I get the full ROM down?

Thank you!

Guido Franchetti

Hi Riccardo,

Once the form is correct but you need to increase ROM it is fine to increase steps and reps - in fact that is what the "lack mobility" smiley does. Just do not move to the next PE until you match the ROM in the video or a coach has told you your ROM is sufficient.

Riccardo Zanello

Thanks man, you have been very clear.

 

Nice to see fellow Italians :)

 

Have a nice day :)

Guido Franchetti

Glad to be of help :)