This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE8>iM

Started by Jeff Doornweerd, September 24, 2016 · 2 Replies · 74 Views

Jeff Doornweerd

Am struggling with my shoulder mobility for HS/PE8>iM.  Haven't had any previous issues with mobility.  But the underhand grip is making this impossible.  I can only move an unweighted bar a few inches off the floor.  Any suggestions on what I can revisit?  Or something else to help?

thanks.

Everett Carroll

Hi Jeff,

Can you please post a video? Some advice I have for now is to start light and wide, like all of the other dislocate variations. HS/PE5 and 6 are worth revisiting; I know those helped me develop the strength to control the prone dislocate variations. It's worth posting a video of HS/PE7>iM as well. I'm looking forward to the videos! These are some of my favorites. 

Suzanna McGee

I start with a few standing dislocates, normal ones and undergrip ones. Then on the ground (prone), I do the normal ones first to reconnect with my body. And when I start the undegprip ones, I do a few reps starting from behind the back rather than starting from the floor. It seems like my body figured out easier how to get the bar over my head this way, and then going back is just reversing the feeling of the movement. Maybe that could help you too, @Jeff Doornweerd?