This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Perpetually Sore

Started by Jessica Feliciano, September 24, 2016 · 2 Replies · 155 Views

Jessica Feliciano

Hello team, 

On day 25 of foundation one (before this, completed fundamentals program) and I find that I'm always sore, especially in my abductors (legs). It's definitely not painful, just sore. 

Before each workout, I also do the daily limber warm up as well. I have two questions: 

1. Is it normal to be sore and if so, does that mean I need to add in more days of rest? 

2. I do foundation one five days a week. Is this too much? (FYI, I'm not doing any other programs, i.e. Handstand or stretching)

Thanks folks!

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Jessica,

Being sore is a good thing, it means your improving. That being said, there is a difference between being moderately sore from a good workout and thinking that you're going to die because it hurts so bad. In this case you may need to be the judge. If it is just a general soreness that still allows you to get everything done, that's ok. If it is something that is causing extreme pain and prevents you from doing daily activities, you might need to scale back a little bit. Also, the pain you are feeling in your abductors may be caused from stretching too hard. Remember that while stretch should be taken seriously, it should not be painful. A nice burn is ok, but pain is bad. I hope this gives you a little bit of guidance.

Jessica Feliciano

I appreciate the insight! 

While it's not a crazy painful sore I think, like you said, I might be stretching too hard. The reason I know is because I've been pushing mys of a bit stretching-wise. 

 

Thanks again!