This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE6 form check

Started by Jeff Doornweerd, September 23, 2016 · 3 Replies · 74 Views

Jeff Doornweerd

Struggling with this one and looking for advice.  I feel like I need more PPT and get it it halfway thru but then lose it.

Am I leaning far enough forward?  It definitely feels farther then it looks.

 Also, how do I keep from wanting to come up on to my toes?  Does that happen to anyone else?

 

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Jeff,

You need to lean more, to the point the your hands are under your hips. More PPT and protraction. Try to avoid fidgeting during the hold and focus on locking in the position. Try to find this correct shape and then slide deeper into the lean without adjusting it. 

To keep on the tops of your feet, point your toes and keep tension throughout your leg. 

I hope this helps!

Jeff Doornweerd

Thanks Everett.  I kind of knew that would be it.  Was hoping there was a trick that maybe I wasn't noticing.  I may need to go back a step and redo the planche lean with feet on the floor.

Everett Carroll

Never a bad idea Jeff. Planche leans are crucial!