This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE12 - Russian L Dip

Started by James Kerslake, September 23, 2016 · 9 Replies · 390 Views

James Kerslake

I don't have any parallel bars to do this on at my gym. Is there any other way I can simulate this move? 

Alessandro Mainente

HI James, nope i'm sorry, the upper arm support needs 2 bars, especially because the elbows should be placed a bit under bars level.

Jeremy Huston

I use a dip station and face out. You don't need full pbars just a little longer than forearms. Where have you done the previous dip variations? 

Jason Dupree

13087043_1617847191872876_6340985683708574703_o.jpg

Do you have a rack similar to above? That is just two barbells lain across the spot bars. Works pretty well

Alessandro Mainente

I did as Jason when i train out of my normal gymnastics facility.  you have to find a way to fix the 2 big bars on the rack.

James Kerslake

Jeremy I had what you mentioned at my last gym but just moved offices and the new gym doesn't have it. 

Jason - love it. Great idea. Definitely going to try this. Finally a use for the smith machine :D

Coach Sommer

Hi James,

You may also stack plyo boxes for the Russian Dips.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

James Kerslake

Good call! Kinder to the elbows too

Christopher Denzer

I have to second the method above! I've been doing them on plyo boxes for a while and just couldn't do more than one. Using the double barbells this morning, I was able to bang out several, almost easily. Night and day difference.

Luke Searra

Christopher, if you could post videos of both for reference that would great.